Advice for E-Businesses During the Coronavirus Outbreak
In this blog post, you can find some essential recommendations for e-businesses during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
You have probably already noticed the impressive growth of online sales due to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). People are more inclined to buy online than in stores at the moment. This can be a prosperous time for your online business; however, you should stay clear and be in control of the situation. We suggest you use the tips below:
- Make sure you are able to fulfil all the orders. Do not take orders if you have run out of stock to prevent any disputes.
- If you face any issues with order fulfilment, but the customer has already paid to you, you should inform your customer about it and issue a refund.
- Inform your customers in advance about shipping delays. Unfortunately, most e-commerce businesses have to deal with longer delivery times due to the virus outbreak.
Most importantly, don’t panic and stay safe. For some business types this period might be cumbersome, e.g. travel businesses, event organizers, transportation services, etc. If your business has encountered some acute problems, stay calm and transparent with your customers as well as find ways to keep your losses to a minimum. In addition, learn more about chargebacks in order to be ready and know how to tackle them.
- Regarding any cancelled events, we advise you to re-schedule them. If a buyer cannot attend the rescheduled event, make sure to always offer refunds.
- For any gift cards which expire during the quarantine, we recommend extending the gift card expiration date.
- Any trips or vacation packages which could not be executed during the quarantine should also be re-scheduled or refunded.
Generally, we should all be aware that this is a stressful time for everyone, so be patient with each other and always try to compromise.
We wish you to stay healthy and take care of yourselves.
Follow the World Health Organization for more information about COVID-19.
Open a merchant account for free
and start processing payments with Cardinity!