Website Requirements for Online Shops
Before accepting credit and debit cards, each online store and online business must meet particular requirements set by card associations and payment service providers as well as clearly specify some important information on the website. This video shows the most important website requirements and how they can be implemented.
Here is the list of the major website requirements:
- Provide the most important information about your business. Such data as your company name (your name and surname if you work as a sole trader), company registration address, and registration number should be included.
- Add purchase terms and conditions.
- Include delivery/shipping information. Tell where you ship to, describe different delivery methods, costs, and duration.
- Return and refund terms and conditions also have to be provided. Describe the whole return process step by step and state refund conditions.
- Provide customer support contact information, such as phone number, email, your shop address.
- Integrate an SSL certificate. It ensures that the shared data is transmitted in a safe manner.
If you would like more detailed information, be sure to take a look at our video:
Open a merchant account for free
and start processing payments with Cardinity!