Major Update to Cardinity API and Launch of 3D Secure 2.0
We would like to inform you that Cardinity is currently working on the API update and the implementation of the new 3D Secure 2.0. According to the European Council requirements for Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), some necessary changes are imposed on the payment industry. All payment processors must comply with the new EU regulations and update the API of their gateways.
The most important changes for merchants:
- At the beginning of October, we are planning to launch the new Cardinity API built specifically to comply with the Regulatory Technical Standards. You will receive an email describing the main changes in our API that you should pay attention to.
- You will need to update your integration with the Cardinity payment system according to the new API. The set deadline is January 1, 2021.
- The updated version of 3D Secure will ensure better security of your card transactions and way less friction.
- In the 2.0 version, the card-issuing bank will receive more than 100 transaction attributes for validation. Authentication will happen unnoticeably for the customer. This will improve user experience and reduce cart abandonment.
- Only high-risk transactions will force additional cardholder authentication with 3D Secure 2.0.
- 3D Secure 2.0 introduces more authentication methods: the customary one-time passcode, knowledge-based questions, bank app credentials, and biometrics.
What will happen if you do not update your integration until 1st of January, 2021?
In case you do not manage to upgrade your integration by the deadline, 3D Secure v.1 will still work, but the number of declined payments could increase for your terminals. It means that there might be a drop in your conversions. We highly recommend you to update your integration and ensure the new – frictionless – card payment flow.
Our team is very excited about the new possibilities that 3D Secure 2.0 brings to the industry, and we are well aware of the challenges it presents. We will always be here to help you, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with our customer support firstname.lastname@example.org or technical support [email protected].
New deadline: 14th of October, 2022
- Mastercard will stop accepting EMV 3DS 1.0 transactions for cardholder authentication.
- Any transaction submitted with EMV 3DS 1.0 will result in an error response.
In order to transition to EMV 3D secure (2.0) merchants have to update their integration with Cardinity payment system by the set deadline. Whenever you update with the module version that supports 3D secure 2.0 you will be automatically compliant and transactions will be accepted as usual.
You can find the updated modules and API/SDK libraries at www.cardinity.com/developers
Open a merchant account for free
and start processing payments with Cardinity!