Cardinity Registration Process Step By Step
To begin with, let’s figure out why you might be interested in Cardinity services and who can find them useful. So, Cardinity is a licensed payment institution offering credit and debit card payment processing services for various online business, from regular e-commerce websites to more high-risk industries. That means, if you have some sort of online business and are looking for a cost-effective and efficient way to accept payments on your website, Cardinity is your go-to solution. As for any online services, in order to start using Cardinity, you have to undergo a registration process.
Before getting into detail and analysing the registration process step by step, let’s discuss who can register and use Cardinity payment processing services.
Firstly, it is important to note that Cardinity services can be used by various types of companies as well as individuals (sole proprietors). If you register as an individual, your business activity still needs to be officially registered, e.g. at your country’s official tax registry. During the registration process documentation proving your business activity is requested from both – the companies and the individuals.
Secondly, before registration, it is necessary to check whether your business industry is not on the prohibited businesses list. Unfortunately, not all business types can use Cardinity services. Some businesses which do not match our internal policies are not allowed to use our services and therefore are listed on the prohibited business list. Please check if your business is not on the list before filling in the application form. Consult the prohibited business list here.
And the last vital aspect to consider before registering is your (your business) country of registration/incorporation. Cardinity is licensed to provide services for businesses which are registered in one of the countries belonging to the European Union/European Economic Area.
List of supported countries:
- Czech Republic
How long does it take to register?
Filling in the registration form will only take a few minutes, however, the time it takes to complete the whole process and open an account depends on how quickly the merchant cooperates and provides all the necessary data and documents. On average, the whole process takes a few working days.
The registration process step by step:
- The first step is filling in the application form on our website. Also, make sure you are authorized to apply for a merchant account. Cardinity merchant application form can be found here. If you prefer, you can change the language of the application form at the bottom of the page.
- Furthermore, Cardinity underwriting team checks your application and decides if it can be approved. After that, you will get an approval or decline email in up to 2 working days.
- If the underwriting team approves your application, next you will need to provide some essential business documents.
- After we receive your provided data, we will ask you (the director of the company) to complete an online identity-check procedure: using any electronic device with a camera you will have to match your face to the photo on your passport or ID card. This step is mandatory according to EU Laws on Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing.
- When you complete the identity check, you will receive an email from the underwriting team asking to sign the merchant agreement.
- Lastly, after signing the agreement you will get your account log-in details as well as information about integration.
- That is all! You are ready to start accepting credit and debit card payments on your website!
Note: Cardinity reserves the right to decline the application anytime during the registration process before the agreement is signed.
However, if you are searching for more information about Cardinity services, be sure to check out our website or support system. If you don’t find what you are looking for, you can always contact our ever so friendly customer support team!
Open a merchant account for free
and start processing payments with Cardinity!